Water for Tomorrow (WfT) takes the privacy of its website very seriously and is committed to protecting your privacy online. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the content and accuracy of this website conforms to normally accepted standards and practices.
This statement applies to the privacy and data protection practices that apply to the WfT website, operated by The Rivers Trust (UK charity registered under number 1107144).
We aim to preserve the privacy of our users while providing them with personalized and accurate service. The collection of personal information is necessary to meet the expectations and requirements of our users, in terms of communication and provision of an interactive service, for example.
The transmission of information over the Internet is generally not completely secure and we cannot always guarantee the security of your data. Where possible, we have implemented security procedures and features to try to secure your data once we receive it, but all data is transmitted to us at your own risk. The types of data we collect are as follows:
1. Non-personal information, such as IP address (the location of the computer on the Internet), pages viewed and files downloaded. This helps us determine how many people use our sites, how often you visit, and which pages you like the most. This information does not tell us anything about you as an individual, such as where you live.
2. Personal information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, information about your interests and hobbies, etc. We collect this information only for specific activities, such as registering for a survey, the contact us form, and feedback forms. This information is necessary to respond to your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalized service by analyzing or reviewing the information provided to give you access to the information of interest to you or to send it to you.
3. User data collected by Google Analytics through cookies. The information collected is not personally identifiable. They are used to provide us with an overview of the type of users visiting our website. To refuse to contribute your data, please visit this site.
How do we use this information?
– Respond to your requests, for example to complete questionnaires, participate in campaigns and provide you with information;
– Provide you with a personalized service when you visit our websites, for example by personalizing the content and or layout of our pages for each individual user; Record of any contact we have with you;
– Prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our websites and allow third parties to perform technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
– Profile your use of the websites in an aggregate (and therefore anonymous) manner and conduct research on the demographics, interests and behavior of our users in order to help us better understand how our users navigate and use the websites, and to enable us to improve our service to you; and –
– Provide you with information which we believe may be of interest to you, as we have explained below;
We collect real-time data in order to send you operational support emails in case your transaction is not completed. When submitting your personal information, you will always have the option of not being included in WfT direct mail (whether by post, email or other type of email, phone or fax) . If you agree to receive this information and subsequently decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com.
If we contact you by email or text, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to opt out of receiving further information from us in this way. We may sometimes use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including sending postal letters, emails and text messages, as well as to analyze data.
We will only provide these companies with the information they need to provide the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We require all of these companies to treat your personal information as completely confidential and to fully comply with all applicable EU and UK GDPRs and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our site to describe our services to potential partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other legal purposes, but these statistics will not include any information that identifies you personally. We will use Google Analytics to provide this information.
We may disclose personal information upon receipt of a complaint relating to any content you have posted or transmitted to / from our site, if required by law or if we believe such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of WfT, its site or its visitors.
Except as indicated above, we will not use or transfer this data to third parties without your prior authorization.